Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay-people to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and conversations with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister Is...
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
- A layperson with 80 hours of training in providing high-quality Christian care.
- A caring Christian who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages.
- Someone who meets faithfully for an hour each week for as long as there’s a need.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times.
We all experience challenges in life when we could benefit from care and support. Stephen Ministers can provide the emotional & spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as –
- Loss of a loved one
- Health issues
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- Many other life challenges
You can also contact Bella Vista's Stephen Ministry by phone at (616) 535.0076. Please be prepared to leave a voicemail. This line and the voicemails are confidential and are monitored by the Stephen Ministry Referral Coordinator.
Other questions about Bella Vista's Stephen Ministry
To learn even more about Stephen Ministry, visit the website for the headquarters in St Louis.