Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay-people to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and conversations with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister Is...
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
- A layperson with 80 hours of training in providing high-quality Christian care.
- A caring Christian who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages.
- Someone who meets faithfully for an hour each week for as long as there’s a need.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times.
We all experience challenges in life when we could benefit from care and support. Stephen Ministers can provide the emotional & spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as –
- Loss of a loved one
- Health issues
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- Many other life challenges
You can also contact Bella Vista's Stephen Ministry by phone at (616) 535.0076. Please be prepared to leave a voicemail. This line and the voicemails are confidential and are monitored by the Stephen Ministry Referral Coordinator.
To learn even more about Stephen Ministry, visit the headquarters’ in St Louis website>